Works better than beating myself up.

About › Forums › Team/Runner Matching › Works better than beating myself up.

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #278730 Reply
    marnieswanson
    Guest

    I started noticing this most when I was editing videos — I actually love video editing, but when it comes to sitting down and doing it, my brain suddenly screams, “Let’s reorganize the closet!” What helped a bit was realizing that liking something doesn’t mean it’s easy to do consistently. Also, sometimes we confuse excitement with momentum — they’re not the same.

    What really helped me understand what’s going on was reading through this discussion: liven app reviews.

    There’s a great comment about the brain craving short-term stimulation, and how the lack of immediate reward makes even enjoyable tasks feel “boring” to our lizard brain. I also found tracking how long I can stay on a task — even just 15-minute blocks — helped me build tolerance like a muscle. And if I fail, I just restart. No guilt.

    #413525 Reply
    Ben Vikash
    Guest

    I can definitely relate to this, because even when you genuinely enjoy video editing, getting started can sometimes feel like the hardest part. Breaking the work into smaller sessions makes it feel much less overwhelming, and I’ve found that having a simple routine helps keep the momentum going. When using editing apps, I also think it’s worth checking the CapCut subscription settings from time to time so you know exactly which features or plan you’re using and don’t let unnecessary distractions get in the way. The 15-minute approach you mentioned sounds practical too, because it makes the goal simply to start and stay focused for a short period rather than expecting yourself to finish everything in one sitting.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Reply #413525 in Works better than beating myself up.
Your information: