Skip to content
- October 1 – April 1: entry open
- March 1: team entry deadline (without late fee)
- March 15: participant (up to 11) entry deadline (start times require paces)
- April 1: late entry deadline (with late fee)
- April 15: volunteer (2/team) entry deadline (see 5 below for exemptions)
- April 15: start times, forms, RunWalk Book will post here.
- May 1: let’s run/walk or go virtual
- Find a runner or walker in Matching.
Choose Your Course (from dropdown) When Registering
- Run 190 miles (36 legs): 3 legs/runner (Napa start 9am-4pm) for teams faster than 31 hrs./190 miles (10 min./mile).
- Run 160 miles (30 legs): 3 legs/runner in Van 2 (Napa Exch. 6 start 9am-4pm), 2 legs/runner in Van 1 for teams slower than 31 hrs./190 miles (10 min./mile). Van 1 runners may run a 3rd leg across the Golden Gate Bridge with the Leg 18 runner.
- Run or Walk 125 miles (24 legs): 2 legs/runner or walker (Marin Exch. 12 start, walk 8am, run 3-5pm). On a team of 8, each runner or walker completes 3 legs.
- Run or Walk 24 miles (4 legs): 1-2 legs/runner or walker (Golden Gate Bridge Exch. 18 start 8pm/finish).
The Adventure Begins
- Register before March 1 to avoid late fees. Returning captains must enter team name (even if unchanged) and update user data.
- Pay with one nonrefundable check to Golden Gate Relay or with credit card ($50 PayPal fee added). After payment is processed, team will appear at Registered Teams. Confirmations are not sent.
30/36 legs: $1560 ($1680 postmarked after March 1)
24 legs: $1320 ($1440 after March 1)
4 legs: $360 ($440 after March 1).
- Up to 11 runners/walkers (by March 15) and 2 volunteers (by April 15) must select team from drop down list. Due to the waiver, captains registering teammates assume personal liability for registrants (unless optional Roster/Waiver with signatures is submitted at start).
- On the captain page, a captain may change division, delete a runner/walker/volunteer and view donations by check.
- Two volunteers, age 16 or older, must register by April 15 and fulfill a 4-5 hour shift or team will be disqualified. When filled, shifts disappear from the list. If you raise $1200/team for ORU or every runner/walker lives more than 50 miles from any part of the course, volunteers are not required.