- Register/pay team fee by March 1 to avoid late fees.
- Recruit (many use Course Poster):
- participants (up to 12) to register by March 15.
- 2 volunteers to register by April 15.
- co-captain to assist with logistics/rentals/supplies.
- drivers (optional, does not satisfy volunteer requirement).
- sponsor to cover expenses (optional).
- alternate for drop-outs using matching (inspired two marriages!)/social media.
- Review rules/safety/leg maps with team.
- Use Course Summary Table to assign Legs.
- Tell your team story on an Organs R Us fundraising page.
- Borrow or rent two vehicles.
- Secure lodging (optional) or sleep free/eat cheap Saturday night at Canada College cafe (Exch. 24).
- Confirm start time after April 15. $100 ($200 after April 20) start time request fee applies. Write team/start request on check/email. Adjusted start times post April 25.
- Event Weekend:
- arrive one hour before start.
- submit Registration (all teams) and Roster/Waiver (competitive teams).
- show required flashlights/rear blinking lights/reflective vests.
- submit copy of each participant’s driver license (competitive submasters/masters).
- Submit completed Time Record at finish to receive medals.
Team Equipment – Required
2 flashlights/van and 2 rear blinking lights/van, required sunset to sunrise
2 reflective vests/van, required sunset to sunrise and recommended at all times
2 vehicles (up to 12 passenger van); No buses/extra vehicles/limousines or RVs
Clipboard, watch, stopwatch for Time Record
Safety pins for bibs
Water/food/trash bags (no aid stations)
Do not bring alcohol, bicycles, children, headphones, pets.
Team Equipment – Recommended for each vehicle
2 signs “Caution-Runner/Walker On Road”; bring/purchase ($5 at Start)
Cooler/ice/First Aid kit
Batteries/markers/pens/paper/tape (for vehicle signs)
Runner/Walker Equipment – Recommended
Flashlight/rear blinking light/reflective vest required from sunset to sunrise
Foot care aids
Hat (reduces headlight glare), sunglasses/sunscreen
Personal care items
Plastic bags for wet clothes/icing/trash
Protective aids: pepper spray, whistle
Warm clothing (may be cold/foggy at night)
Travel to San Francisco
Airports: San Francisco (closest to Marin Start), Oakland (closest to Napa Start), San Jose (closest to Finish).
Accomodations: Napa Valley (wineries/spas) on Friday, sleep free/eat cheap at Canada College (Exchange 24) on Saturday, Santa Cruz (ocean views/beaches) on Sunday.